INSPIRING MINDS • BUILDING FUTURES
In ENGLISH, our curriculum is designed to:
INSPIRE MINDS BY:
- developing imaginative, expressive and influential writers
- creating a passion for reading and a love of literature
- equipping pupils with a passionate voice to express their own viewpoints with confidence
- stimulating creative thinking by challenging pupils to develop new and original ideas
- exposing pupils to new characters, new worlds and new adventures through a broad and enriching variety of stories, poems, plays and texts.
BUILD FUTURES BY:
- laying the foundations for learning across the curriculum
- preparing pupils with cultural, emotional, intellectual, social and spiritual skills through exploration of a wide range of texts.
- creating artistic poets, writers, readers, speakers and story-tellers of the future.
- preparing pupils with the essential communication skills to be a fully participating member of society.