At Chiltern Academy, we believe that in an ever-changing world we need to prepare our pupils for an evolving future.
We aim to equip them with the tools needed to acquire rich knowledge and develop key skills.
We have created opportunities for accelerated learning beyond the classroom to ensure that pupils maximise their progress in lessons.
Study support opportunities include;
- Access to breakfast clubs to allow preparedness for learning.
- Personalised study support sessions for numeracy, english skills, comprehension and reading during morning and afternoon registration.
- Targeted spelling and handwriting intervention for pupils.
- Participation in the reading buddy programme and the numeracy buddy programme develops skills for both pupils in the pair.
- Supervised lunchtime independent study sessions or group work opportunities in the library and ICT suite.
- Quizzing of subject specific knowledge during lunchtime or registration.
- Parental engagement sessions to share techniques for home study.
- Supervised after school independent learning and research in the school library and through the use of our ICT facilities.
- Additional homework support during lunchtime and after school.
- Social sessions and emotional support.
- Revision clubs led by individual subjects.
- Visits to the theatres, museums, subject enrichment events, competitions and events.
- Targeted revision during key examination periods.
Personalised study support sessions for
- English skills
- Touch typing
- Speech and language
- Social and emotional support