INSPIRING MINDS • BUILDING FUTURES
In SCIENCE, our curriculum is designed to:
INSPIRE MINDS BY:
- instilling the love of scientific knowledge through practical activities, investigations, fun and research.
- opening minds to a world of possibilities for every student and highlighting the everyday relevance of science in our lives.
- delivering a high-quality science education that is based on the process of scientific enquiry that teaches students to think, learn, solve problems and make informed decisions.
- developing curiosity, creativity and exposing pupils to the wondrous, amazing and mind blowing scientific phenomena around us.
- creating a passion for scientific discoveries, events and issues, locally, nationally and globally.
- harnessing, directing and catalysing pupil thinking by helping pupils build useful mental models.
- delving into scientific vocabulary and maximising pupils use of new terminology to express abstract and real concepts.
- making links between everyday experiences and scientific concepts to help understand the world around us.
BUILD FUTURES BY:
- supporting the needs of every child do that they can flourish in an environment which nurtures their interests so that they realise their potential both personally and in wider society. Growing hardworking scientists.
- creating confident, well-rounded pupils who can passionately voice their viewpoints on ethical and moral contexts
- developing analytical, curious minds who collaborate positively as scientists.
- shaping minds to be open and alert to their surroundings so that they can make informed scientific decisions both now and, in the future,
- preparing all pupils for STEM careers by imparting an understanding of core scientific principles.
- creating opportunities for pupils to understand the role of science in careers.
Click above to download overview