Remote Learning Provision
Please use the guidance below to support your child whilst they are working remotely at home should your child need to isolate.
- Parents will be contacted by the school explaining how they can access remote learning.
- Ideally pupils should be logged on to complete remote lessons from 9.00am to 3.30pm.
- The timetable for KS3 remote learning can be found in the Google Classrooms. For KS4 they should follow their normal timetable.
- Work for KS3 students will be set on the Google Classroom according to the timetable in the Isolation Classroom.Further information on how to use Google Classroom can be found here.
- KS4 students will contacted directly by their teachers explaining what work is needed to be done.
- Expectations and instructions for pupils can be found here.
- Teachers will be available to contact for support via the Google Classroom or email and will respond as soon as possible.
- All home learning lessons will have a main learning activity at the top, a video from your child's teacher with instructions to support their learning and all pupil work will be acknowledged with praise and feedback will be given.
- For a full breakdown of how remote learning works at Chiltern Academy and how we are meeting government expectations please click here.
Reminders whilst using Google Classroom - Click below
What do I do if...
Q: I am not in the Google Classroom?
Please join the classroom using the class codes. These can be found here.
Q: I cannot find the register?
Please click on the classwork tab and it will be at the top under the ‘register’ tab.
Q: I cannot find the work for the lesson?
Email your subject teacher or the head of department for the subject you are looking for.
Q: I have forgotten my login information or I am having difficulty logging in?
Follow the steps on this video in the first instance.
Email Mr Pallett. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: I do not have a device at home?
Email: email@example.com or call the school reception 01582 310644. We can provide you with a device.
Q: I am stuck with my learning?
Email your classroom teacher or leave private comment on your work.
Q: The internet has gone down?
Read a book, go for a walk, do some revision or complete any unfinished work on paper and upload a picture later. Catch up on any missed work as soon as the internet is available. If the problem persists, the school can provide dongles if needed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require this support.
Top Tips for Remote Learning