Remote Learning Provision
Please use the guidance below to support your child whilst they are working remotely at home during the National lockdown.
- Parents were sent a letter outlining details regarding the schools closures and remote learning. This can be found here.
- Pupils should be logged on to complete remote lessons from 9.00am to 3.30pm.
- The timetable for remote learning can be found here. There is also a copy of this in the Google Classrooms.
- Pupils need to complete the daily register each morning before 9.10am. A member of staff will contact home if this is not completed. This can be found in the Google Classroom under the classwork tab or here.
- Work will be set on the Google Classroom according to the timetable. The class codes can be found here. Further information on how to use Google Classroom can be found here.
- Expectations and instructions for pupils can be found here.
- Teachers will be available to contact for support via the Google Classroom or email for the duration of the lesson.
- All home learning lessons will have a main learning activity at the top, a video from your child's teacher with instructions to support their learning and all pupil work will be acknowledged with praise and feedback will be given.
- For a full breakdown of how remote learning works at Chiltern Academy and how we are meeting government expectations please click here.
Reminders whilst using Google Classroom - Click below
What do I do if...
Q: I am not in the Google Classroom?
Please join the classroom using the class codes. These can be found here.
Q: I cannot find the register?
Please click on the classwork tab and it will be at the top under the ‘register’ tab.
Q: I cannot find the work for the lesson?
Email your subject teacher or the head of department for the subject you are looking for.
Q: I have forgotten my login information or I am having difficulty logging in?
Follow the steps on this video in the first instance.
Email Mr Pallett. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: I do not have a device at home?
Email: email@example.com or call the school reception 01582 310644. We can provide you with a device.
Q: I am stuck with my learning?
Email your classroom teacher or leave private comment on your work.
Q: The internet has gone down?
Read a book, go for a walk, do some revision or complete any unfinished work on paper and upload a picture later. Catch up on any missed work as soon as the internet is available. If the problem persists, the school can provide dongles if needed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require this support.
Top Tips for Remote Learning