INSPIRING MINDS • BUILDING FUTURES
In PERFORMING ARTS, our curriculum is designed to:
INSPIRE MINDS BY:
- Students build confidence by learning to express themselves creatively and imaginatively and to communicate with others confidently and effectively.
- Develop a well-rounded performer who is aware of the cohesion between all elements of the Performing Arts
- Expose pupils to professional works and British playwrights to aspire to as well as learn from.
- Pupils will develop opinions on various topics through the use of spoken language skills and build the confidence and creativity to express these through the use of drama, dance and performance.
- Allow pupils time to create and be passionate, developing original ideas which are then brought to life
- To develop a wide range of knowledge and skills within Performing Arts, to ensure students can explore a variety of topics, styles, issues and characters working cooperatively with their peers.
- To use resilience as well as teamwork and problem solving skills, allowing them to devise their own theatre or bring scripted plays to life.
BUILD FUTURES BY:
Develop a wide range of knowledge and skills within Performing Arts and working to professional industry standards.
Equip pupils with the awareness of careers and avenues in Performing Arts which are available to them as well as what they need to do to follow these paths.
Prepare pupils with an industry led curriculum, not only based on KS4 options but beyond.
Creating an understanding of the cultural, emotional, intellectual, social and spiritual skills by studying multiple plays, musicals etc. across different cultures and time periods
- Give pupils the opportunities to be creative, write, lead, choreograph and direct- all within teams to build communication skills
- Developing skills in presentation and self-confidence needed for the future.