Peripatetic Music Tuition
Having peripatetic lessons increases self confidence, memory capacity and provides a sense of self achievement.
There are many benefits of such lessons, including:
- Pupils benefit academically in that the skills and knowledge gained from a peripatetic lesson may benefit their curriculum work.
- Pupils develop the self-discipline and motivation required to practice a skill independently.
- Pupils gain spiritually, morally, and socially and develop skills that can have a hugely positive impact on their wider education.
- Pupils will gain confidence and be able to communicate more effectively.
- Pupils who receive peripatetic instrumental lessons have the opportunity to participate in the art showcase, informal and formal concerts, the house music competition and other one-off Performing Arts events.
Pupils at Chiltern Academy receive private and shared music lessons from professional musicians (peripatetic teachers).
- Teacher of Strings – Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Guitar.
- Teacher of Brass – Trumpet, Trombone, French Horn
- Teacher of Woodwind – Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone
- Teacher of Drums- Drums and percussion
- Teacher of Piano and Vocals
- Lessons will take place during the school day on a rotating timetable. The time slot will vary each week, to reduce the disruption to pupils’ other lessons. Pupils will receive 10 lessons per term (30 per year).
- Pupils will be issued with a timetable every five weeks so that they know when their instrument lesson will take place. It will be the pupil's responsibility to attend their lessons at the times indicated.
- Pupils will have the opportunity to participate in 20 minute private lessons or shared lessons (no more than 2 pupils).
- We would like to offer some talented pupils a scholarship and also the chance for us to pay for the hire of their instrument from Luton Borough Music Service, (Luton Music Mix) also help with the costs of pupil premium/ looked after pupils.