Our Specialism at Chiltern Academy is: Engineering
Our vision at Chiltern Academy is to…
- extend the range of opportunities available to pupils which best meet their needs
- show excellent standards of teaching and learning in the specialist subjects
- develop and shape the school’s character through our specialisms
- benefit other schools and the wider community in the area
- strengthen the links between our school and private and charitable sector
In ENGINEERING, our curriculum is designed to:
INSPIRE MINDS BY:
giving pupils relevant role models in engineering.
working with national & international engineering firms to produce schemes of work.
making every unit of work explicitly link to industry.
introducing pupils to the range of future career options in engineering and removing their misconceptions about the subject.
providing as much enrichment as possible through extra curricular clubs trips with our pupils as possible.
exposing pupils to the latest engineering stories via an engineering Blog.
BUILD FUTURES BY:
- improving pupils computer literacy with the latest computer aided design software and manufacturing processes.
- getting pupils the practical skills they will need to succeed in further education and apprenticeships.
- closing the gender gap in the subject. Offering lots of possibilities for both genders in Engineering through university visits and trips.
- developing pupils' presentation skills so they can express themselves and their ideas coherently.
- making pupils sustainability conscious in all they do.
At Chiltern Academy we:
- introduce pupils to engineering careers.
- offer engineering at KS4.
- offer work placements.
- deliver STEM days.
- provide high quality learning resources.
- participate F1 in schools.
- teach pupils about Robotics and F1 in Engineering.
- good links with Businesses and Engineering firms.
- have strong University links in Engineering.