INSPIRING MINDS • BUILDING FUTURES
In ART, our curriculum is designed to:
INSPIRE MINDS BY:
- Learning about the history of art, craft and design as well as the influence of Art from different cultures around the world.
- Creating a passion for creating art in different styles and media through practice and exploration.
- Developing analytical and evaluative skills for students’ to use on their own work, and that of others to strengthen their skills.
- Enabling students to express themselves through their artwork and using artist links to create original pieces.
BUILD FUTURES BY:
- Developing self-esteem, confidence and proficiency when describing their ideas and work in front of their peers.
- Preparing pupils to problem solve in creative ways using their cultural, emotional and social skills in a wide variety of circumstances.
- Giving students the ability to utilise a range of techniques and media that can be adapted for different situations.
- Preparing students to use their artistic skills and knowledge in ways that can be transferable to any subject.