Chiltern Academy has 240 places available for the Year 7 group in September 2021.
The criteria below will be used in the event of oversubscription at Chiltern Academy
for places required for September 2021 for the academic year of 2021-2022. Therefore if you are applying for a Year 7 place for September 2021 in the High School Transfer process the following will apply.
Any application(s) must be made to your home local authority. If you live in Luton, please see www.luton.gov.uk/admissions for more information.
Children with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) naming the particular school will
be admitted before the following oversubscription criteria applies:
1. Looked after children or children who were previously looked after but immediately afterwards became subject to an adoption, child arrangements or special guardianship order.
2. Children who appear to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted.
3. Children of staff currently employed at the school.
4. Children with siblings at the school who will still be attending the school at the proposed date of admission.
5. Children living closest to the school measured on straight line distance.
- Admission arrangements for 2021/22 - which will apply to all in-year applications received for September 2021 - July 2022.
- Admission arrangements for 2022/23 - which need to be displayed for the following year's intakes for Starting School/Transfer to Middle/Secondary/Upper in September 2022.
For further details on the admission arrangements for Chiltern Academy including the definitions for the above criteria please click on the links below or alternatively email accesstoeducation@